[PLUG] Distribution Upgrade: Frame Buffer Glitch

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 3 16:56:30 UTC 2013

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, Daniel Hedlund wrote:

> I recently had to figure out how to disable the framebuffer completely
> under Arch when trying to do a remote install inside a KVM guest over SSH.
> Yay for bookmarks. See if any of the suggestions in the following post
> help (including those mentioned in the original question):
> http://serverfault.com/questions/361089/qemu-kvm-linux-virtualization-on-the-command-line

   Thanks, Daniel. I wonder how arch-specific that thread is.

   I've asked for help in the Slackware forum on linuxquestions.org and Pat
Volkerding provided one suggestion that did not work; I'm waiting for more
feedback to my latest update there.

   I've not had this issue on this laptop before so why it should suddenly
appear after the previous half-dozen or so distribution upgrades escapes my
knowledge base.