[PLUG] Main plug list "civil and on-topic"

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Thu Apr 4 21:08:52 UTC 2013

On 4/4/13 1:40 PM, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> I concur with Keith.  There is no harm in "civil and on-topic", and
> possibly some important help.

Good, unfortunate points.

My top priority is practicality and:

1. I'm glad the name now works in Thunderbird
2. For Twitter I used "PDX Linux/Unix Group" for brevity and wonder if
"PDX" should be used here
    a. It removes confusion with which Portland (+)
    b. I can't think of anyone who says "P D X Linux..." (-)
3. I DO like the idea of PLUG-Talk, civil and off-topic

Thoughts on the talk list?

Also, Joe pointed out that the jobs list is wide open which obviously
makes it spammer friendly. Does someone have some history on this? Do
you think that requiring registration would discourage people from
posting job openings?

I also see that the page mentions "and another group of Open
Source-centric consultants, POSSE."

Let's touch on this tonight.

Michael