[PLUG] welcome to the new server

Matt McKenzie lnxknight at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 19:16:22 UTC 2013

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Fred James <fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net>wrote:

> Rich Shepard wrote:
> > On Sun, 7 Apr 2013, Neal wrote:
> >
> >> I've seen an explosion of spam to the email address I'm subscribed to
> the
> >> PLUG lists on (and almost everything else for that matter).
> >     Huh! I've noticed no differences at all. Spam on the PLUG mail lists
> > which I'm subscribed (and I don't follow the jobs list) are essentially
> > non-existent. But, I run my own MTA (Postfix) and a text-based MUA
> (alpine).
> >
> > Rich
> The one on the Jobs list is the first and only I have seen ... my email
> ISP is usually not too picky, so I don't know what to say, accept I
> haven't seen any (except that one).
> Regards
> Fred James

As I mentioned in another thread already, I too have seen a lot of SPAM on
the PLUG-JOBS list since the server move (none before).
I would like to keep that list, since there are at least some useful job
posts on there, but not very many.

However I just unsubscribed from the JOBS list just now, since it appears
no one who actually runs the lists seems to care about the SPAM issue.
So thanks for listening... </sarcasm>