[PLUG] PLUG JOBS PRE-APPLICATION COMPLETE -> GOLDEN RULE

Matt McKenzie lnxknight at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 23:44:32 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Michael Dexter <dexter at ambidexter.com>wrote:

> On 4/11/13 8:46 PM, MJang wrote:
> > What is the protocol for posting such jobs?
>
> Post to the jobs list. It is now moderated.
>
> I apologize that a few folks were subject to my wrath but I wish to
> address the golden rule of open source:
>
> Do not criticize a volunteer effort unless it is explicitly harmful
>
> Should someone have an urgent PLUG-related concern, CALL ME.
>
> My phone number will remain on the site until abused. If you don't know
> me, find someone who you think knows me or ask around. You can also mail
> me directly but as demonstrated, complaining on the list will do very
> little. I can find plenty at fault with PLUG any contribution of mine to
> it but I also have reason to believe that for a zero cost effort with
> near-zero overhead that has provided many people jobs, it provides a
> good value via good venues.
>
> Or I am completely and utterly missing something.
>
> Michael

Hey everyone,

I want to publicly apologize to Michael for my rant earlier.
I consider it a frustrated venting, not really criticizing his efforts.

As it apparently was taken as criticism, and I had not intended it to be,
then I own up to my bad attitude and apologize for it.

Michael does a great job with this group and is to be commended.

While I have not been very active with PLUG in person, I was a lot more
active with OCLUG in California when I lived there, so I know what it takes
to run a volunteer organization.  I am also a Fedora Ambassador (sans the
bad attitude, of course).  It is just lately having been unemployed for a
while now, I had to vent.  Wrong place for it.
I will be resubscribing to the jobs list, though since I pooched it I guess
I won't get any good leads from there myself, but anyway...

So at any rate, I intend to be at OSCON to help with the Fedora booth, and
if a PLUG booth does indeed happen and you need more staff, I am willing to
help there.
As long as you don't mind a PLUG rep wearing a Fedora blue shirt and bright
RedHat red hat... <grin>.

Peace.