[PLUG] Windows Question

Marvin Kosmal mkosmal at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 05:57:56 UTC 2013

HI

I know this isn't the Windows support group.

But, someone may know the answer..

Once a year, for the past 5  years, I fire  up an old computer with Win 2K
on it and run TaxAct.  It is a wonderful free program that runs on
Windows..  Have been using it for 5  years.  I can't find a free Federal
Tax Program on Linux..

Anyway..

This year I had to buy a new printer..  And the new printer does not work
with Win 2K...

So I tried to copy the file to a flash/thumb drive.  Every time I do that
the computer reboots..  Will not copy the file...

TaxAct claims it is not their fault..  No funny stuff on the file or
program.

Also, the program will NOT save the program anywhere but the original
location...

Now this may sound crazy to you.. I agree....  I need a hard copy of my tax
return..

Haven't tried to send it to myself... Maybe that will work..

Or if anyone has any idea I would be grateful..

I fell really bad having to admin I use Win 2K for tax...

Is there a good Linux tax program I should use NEXT year?

TIA

Marvin