[PLUG] LILO tutorial

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 19:09:05 UTC 2013

> I need complete documentation on LILO with emphasis on
> lilo.conf .
> Assume I'm stranded on a desert isle (SW Missouri is a fair
> approximation) with a computer and a set of install disks.
> What *ONE* document will answer ALL my LILO questions.
> Hint: man pages and mini-HOTO's don't hack it. They presume
> and summarize too much.
>
> -- I can't imagine a more "complete documentation on Lilo" than the Lilo
User's Guide.

http://ftp.utcluj.ro/pub/docs/ldp/bible-src/lilo/user/user.html

However, I imagine that is going to be a bit too much info to wade through.
A good reference to keep on hand though.

I think this article covers the basics of lilo.conf pretty well.

http://www.control-escape.com/linux/lilo-cfg.html

I hope that's helpful.