[PLUG] Formatting Zenity output

Dale Snell ddsnell at frontier.com
Mon Apr 22 05:44:10 UTC 2013

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 21:32:24 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> I succeeded in getting the output I want, but the font is too small. I
> understand that Zenity can take html tags, but everything I have tried
> has not worked. I don't know much about html formatting.
>
> It would be awesome if I could specify a particular font that is
> installed on my computer, but that may be asking too much.
>
> Here is the command I am using (eventually the text will have over 100
> items in it - this is just a test to see if I can get it to work):
>
> zenity --list --hide-header --column "Glyph" --column "Value" --column
> "Glyph" --column "Value" --column "Glyph" --column "Value" --text= ʃ
> 283 ʒ 292 "Syllabic ̩ " 329
>
> I just want the part after --text= to be bigger. Can this be done?

As near as I can determine, neither the --html or --font= options
are available with the --list dialog.  In fact, it looks like only
the --text-info dialog allows those two options.  Sorry 'bout
that.

--Dale

--
Hanlon's Razor:  Never ascribe to malice that which can be
adequately explained by stupidity.