[PLUG] LILO tutorial

MJang mike at linuxexam.com
Tue Apr 23 00:25:33 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-04-21 at 17:39 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> MJang wrote:

> > While complete, it dates back to sometime in the last century.
>
> SO? ????   ??????????????????
> I date to *early* in said century ;/

I'm sure you've updated your skills since that time. I think it is
reasonable to expect the same of our software.

> I've learned to value "completeness" over "currentcy".

While a good philosophy in most things, I've found that currency has
more value in software. Living in a world of TL:DR has, unfortunately,
devalued completeness.

> > I realize
> > that the HOWTO was updated (slightly, I think) back in 2010, but IIRC,
> > LILO still uses clear text passwords....
>
> PASSWORDS would be least of my problems.
> Are not Aesop's(sp?) Fables yet valuable?

It is difficult to remain current in today's industry without caring
about security, as Aesop's "wolf in sheep's clothing" would know.

Thanks,
Mike