[PLUG] Link issue (I think)

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Aug 1 19:24:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 18:01:26 -0700
Dale Snell <ddsnell at frontier.com> dijo:

>John, it looks to me like you have pieces of two different
>versions of the nVidia driver installed.  Earlier (Thu, 1 Aug 2013
>13:29:49 -0700) you posted this:
>
>> [jjj at Devil8 sleepyhead-code]$ locate libnvidia-tls.so
>> /usr/lib64/nvidia/libnvidia-tls.so.1
>> /usr/lib64/nvidia/libnvidia-tls.so.304.64         <===
>> /usr/lib64/nvidia/tls/libnvidia-tls.so
>> /usr/lib64/nvidia/tls/libnvidia-tls.so.1
>> /usr/lib64/nvidia/tls/libnvidia-tls.so.304.64     <===
>> [jjj at Devil8 sleepyhead-code]$ locate libnvidia-glcore.so
>> /usr/lib64/nvidia/libnvidia-glcore.so
>> /usr/lib64/nvidia/libnvidia-glcore.so.1
>> /usr/lib64/nvidia/libnvidia-glcore.so.304.64      <===
>
>Note the differences in version numbers compared to your other
>post.  This kind of thing can cause all sorts of headaches, as
>you've found.
>
>You may be stuck with the nVidia driver.  The Fedora 16 repos are
>gone, so you can't get the F16 version of nouveau and associated
>X.org drivers/libraries. (Remember that the nVidia setup replaces
>some of the standard packages.)  I'm told it possible to use
>packages from later versions, but I don't know how it's done.
>
>The nVidia software for F16 is still on RPMFusion.  I don't if
>yum can get it or not.  If not, you'll have to do some manual
>navigation (the repo isn't available directly from the web
>interface) and download the relevant packages.  Then you can
>install them with yum or rpm.  This thread
>
><http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=204752>
>
>has the best instructions for installing nVidia on Fedora.  I've
>followed these guides since F12, and they've worked beautifully.

I recently discovered Leigh's post in the Fedora forums, and also my
old post.

I've been putting of doing a dist-upgrade to Fedora 18, so that is next
on my list. Afterwards I'll revisit this mess. Oh, and I do still have
the nouveau driver installed. But things will be better after going to
Fedora 18.