[PLUG] Urgent! Lost network connection after upgrade

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Aug 4 00:25:58 UTC 2013

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 16:00:13 -0700
Paul Munday <paulm at freegeek.org> dijo:

>On Sat, 2013-08-03 at 15:36 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 15:13:52 -0700
>> Paul Munday <paulm at freegeek.org> dijo:
>>
>> >On Sat, 2013-08-03 at 13:26 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> >
>> >does sudo dhclient eth0 do anything?
>>
>> sudo dhclient eth0
>> dhclient: error while loading shared libraries: libdns-export.so.88:
>> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> Does this mean I'm missing a file?
>
>This is the machine you were emailing about the other day?

Probably.

>I suspect a version mismatch...
>
>This might help:
>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=284780

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, all the solutions found by people
there require installing packages. That is pretty tough without a
network connection. Both my computers have bluetooth and they see each
other, but I can't figure out how to get the laptop to connect to the
desktop so it can use the desktop's net connection. And if it's a
version mismatch that also sounds like installing packages is going to
be required. :(