[PLUG] Urgent! Lost network connection after upgrade

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 02:34:24 UTC 2013

"Creating object for path '/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/17'
failed in libnm-glib."

A possible solution might be to disable the Network Manager app. As JJJ
mentioned and I tend to agree with something is stopping you from being
able to manually assign an ip address to eth0.

Network Manager is a many headed monster with lots of tentacles and if it's
not happy about something it might be interfering with your attempts to
configure eth0 manually via ifconfig.

So perhaps try disable NM and try manually assigning and ip addr again.
Don't bother with adding any routes until we can get eth0 to take an ip
addr assignment.

sudo stop network-manager