[PLUG] Laptop video

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Aug 6 20:20:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 12:59:00 -0700
Dale Snell <ddsnell at frontier.com> dijo:

>> *I really like the Traverse Pro:
>>
>> http://www.pugetsystems.com/nav/traverse/pro/customize.php?sys_id=61
>>
>> Decked out the way I would want it, including a USB3 docking station
>> it comes to about $3K.
>
>Oh man oh man, I'm drooling.  Don't do this to me John.  :-)  It
>looks lovely.  The only cavil I would have is the touchpad.  It
>looks like it has only two buttons, unless the fingerprint reader
>doubles as the middle mouse button.  Of course, since I loathe
>touchpads, I'd probably get a real mouse and turn off the touchpad
>altogether.

I also can't stand touchpads. On my Thinkpad I dsiabled it in the BIOS
and I use an external regular mouse, but I left the trackpoint enabled.
The trackpoint doesn't bother me, and if I get to PSU and discover that
I left my mouse at home I have at least something to point with.

I just sent an e-mail to Puget Systems with seven questions, one of
which was whether I can disable the touchpad in the desktop
environment. It has no trackpoint for backup, so I might need to enable
it without having to reboot. I assume it can be disabled//enabled from
the command line, but I wanted confirmation.

I also asked them how the video works with, say, Xubuntu.