[PLUG] Connect: Network not reachable

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 6 23:06:11 UTC 2013

   The Sony Vaio will give me ulcers. Now that I upgraded the Slackware
packages I can reach other hosts on the LAN but cannot connect to any
external site on the eth0 interface. My Web searches fail to show me what's
mis-configured here. I'd greatly appreciate ideas because I'm supposed to
leave on a business trip tomorrow morning and I need to get this laptop
connecting to the 'Net.

   /etc/resolv.conf is correct (matches what's on the other LAN hosts).
That's normally the problem when I return with my portable and with wireless
DHCP connection has reset that file. Why it's not fixing the problem here I
don't know.

   ifconfig -a shows that etho is RUNNING.

   /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf is set as before.

   I've re-run '/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 restart', '/etc/rc.d/inetd restart' and
rebooted the machine but still cannot get outside the local LAN.

   What have I missed here?