[PLUG] Connect: Network not reachable

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 6 23:44:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013, King Beowulf wrote:

> Did you check /var/log/syslog and /var/log/messages for clues?

   Er, ... no. But I now will.

> Are you running wired or wireless?

   wired: eth0; still have not gotten wlan0 working.

> Did you run "netconfig" as root to get a good base setup (you can then
> tweak after)?

   No, because the setup in /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf has not changed from
before this package upgrades and there was no problem connecting to the
external 'Net then.

> Are you running wicd and/or network manager? Can't use both!

   Not when on the ethernet; wicd when wireless.

> Is your router/modem/whatever set to block certain MAC addresses from
> getting out?

   No. The Sony had no issues on the ethernet before the package upgrades and
my moving what I thought were new config files to the existing config files
that I had not modified.