[PLUG] Connect: Network not reachable

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 00:17:04 UTC 2013

>    /etc/resolv.conf is correct (matches what's on the other LAN hosts).
> That's normally the problem when I return with my portable and with
> wireless
> DHCP connection has reset that file. Why it's not fixing the problem here
> don't know.
>
>    ifconfig -a shows that etho is RUNNING.
>
>    /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf is set as before.
>
>    I've re-run '/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 restart', '/etc/rc.d/inetd restart' and
> rebooted the machine but still cannot get outside the local LAN.
>
>    What have I missed here?

Rich - It sounds to me like you've got a routing problem. FYI, the "host"
command is not a very valid or useful test in this case. because it's most
likely getting the DNS information from your upstream wifi router. That is
to say the Sony network client is making a doing a name lookup to a DNS
server on the internet.

What does your routing table look like when you run the command "netstat
-rn"

Also, what is the output of "ifconfig -a"