[PLUG] Belkin N900 Not Seen at 192.168.2.1

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Aug 11 17:19:48 UTC 2013

   After many months I'm finally setting up the Belkin Advance N900 wireless
router. It's connected via a cat5 cable directly to my laptop. The default
IP address for the Belkin is 192.168.2.1. When I enter that address (without
the http protocol preceeding it, per the Belkin users manual) firefox
responds by telling me that it cannot establish a connection to that server.

   Opera also reports it cannot connect to a server at that IP address.

   Is there anything obvious I've missed? If not, I will wait for next week's
clinic and bring Belkin N900, laptop, cable, and myself there for help.