[PLUG] Raspbian Wheezy Screensaver Shutoff - Raspberry Pi

Noj nojunkster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 21:38:50 UTC 2013

I've been googling for ways to prevent the screensaver from blanking
the screen every 10 min in the Raspbian Wheezy Ubuntu GUI. I've found
2 reasonable-sounding methods that had no effect at all, seems there's
a lot of confusion on this. Was using a raspbian boot image from
October last year, now using the raspbian image that came out last
month (July 27?).

One kludge that occured to me was have a cron task that simulated a
slight mouse movement or press of the shift key every 5 minutes, but
not obvious to me if/how that would be possible.

Alternatively, I could bypass the whole GUI if I knew how to make the
whole screen a drawable-canvas in python from the command-line mode...
I know graphics should be possible, since there's that color raspi
logo up in corner whole time, and since I can run video via omxplayer
from the non-GUI mode shell prompt.

In general, would be nice to know if anyone is working on fun pi
projects... I'm trying to get a wordcloud program running on it as
part of an interactive art display.