[PLUG] Avoid shark attacks - go to Linux Clinic on Sunday instead!

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Fri Aug 16 06:48:03 UTC 2013

Well, it's summertime, and a lot of people are going to the beach
this weekend.  Sand, sun, bathing, what a nice way to spend Sunday!

Not so fast, chum!  Roads choked with cars, overpriced snacks,
sunburn, Microsoft kicking sand in your face, drowning, and
shark-infested waters.  I'm not kidding about "chum", fishbait!

Save your life, and your loved ones!  Drop them off at the park,
and bring your computer to Linux Clinic on Sunday August 18,
from 1 to 5 PM at Free Geek, 1731 SE 10th Ave, in Southeast
Portland three blocks south of Hawthorne.  We will help you
build up your computer's Linux muscles.  It will no longer
be a 98 megabyte weakling.

We've got distros, screens, mice, keyboards, wireless and wired
internet, and Linux lifeguards who will help you rescue your
machine.  Stop worrying about how you look in a bathing suit;
we'll have coffee, snacks, all sorts stuff to feed your inner
nerd (and expand your outer one) while you surf the web instead
of surfing the undertow.

We promise we won't kick sand into your computer!

Keith

P.S. Ecobinary (www.ecobinary.com) in southeast Beaverton has
half-a-dozen used Lenovo ThinkCentre A61e small form factor
desktops, without hard disk, for $20 each.  They also sell
screens and keyboards and mice;  I don't know if they have 3.5
inch SATA drives.  You can also find stuff at the Free Geek
Store, also open Friday and Saturday, both closed on Sunday.
A61e specs:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-68574