[PLUG] Rescan for PS2 Mouse?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Aug 16 23:22:15 UTC 2013

On 08/16/2013 04:17 PM, King Beowulf wrote:
> If I remember correctly, PS/2 ports are not "hot-plug" like USB or
> Firewire.  You really should NOT unplug/plug while the computer is
> powered on.  That is one reason we've moved off special purpose ports
> such as these.

Odd thing is that when I did this switch the first time it worked. Maybe
it's because there was already a PS2 mouse on the machine to which I
moved the PS2 mouse the first time. The second time, when I moved the
PS2 mouse back to the other machine, there had been a power outage, and
thus a reboot without a PS2 mouse connected.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens