[PLUG] BIOS BBS Support WAS: Re: Resolved: Flash Drive Recommendations?

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Tue Aug 20 03:18:17 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:55:39AM -0700, Dale Snell wrote:
> Nope, I don't get the BBS popup notification at all.  The Press DEL
> to Setup shows up, of course, but not the other.  Obviously the
> desktop's motherboard is a bit on the elderly side.  :-)  It's an
> Asus M2N-MX.

There may be a BIOS upgrade for your motherboard that would include
the boot menu feature.  BIOS upgrades are usually a bit of a hassle,
but it might be worth it in this case.  Unfortunately, the Asus web
has rather terse descriptions of the changes their BIOS updates
include.  No mention of BBS popups.

--
Paul