[PLUG] The real yellow pages

Brian Stanaland brian at stanaland.org
Tue Aug 20 19:03:30 UTC 2013

First time commenting here since signing up.

Coming from the perspective of a consumer, it's been years since I've
opened a phone book. I'll do a web search for whatever I'm looking for and
include the name of the town. Unless I'm looking for a specific place. Then
it's even easier.

--Brian

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Brian Martin
<plugng3 at martinconsulting.com>wrote:

> Dear Pluggers,
>
> I'm soliciting opinions here.
>
> My annual contract for a yellow pages listing is up for renewal. It's
> costing me over $400/year for some additional classifications and such.
> I also get a listing in their on-line yellow pages as part of the
> package.  I don't know that I've ever gotten work from any of it, and
> I'm inclined to drop it altogether.  What do you think?  If you are a
> business owner today, do you still find value in phone book listings?
>
> TIA.
>
>                          -Brian
>
> --

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert
Einstein