[PLUG] Everything disappears SOLUTION

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Aug 23 02:39:59 UTC 2013

I thought I had posted to the list about all the icons and programs
disappearing, yet the programs are still running. If I did I must have
deleted the message and responses from my inbox.

At the Clinic Keith attempted to figure out what was going on, so I
thought I ought to tell the list what the problem was. It turns out
that the scroll wheel on my mouse (which doubles as the
middle mouse button) occasionally takes it into its little rodent head
that, instead of scrolling, it ought to send Ctrl-Alt-arrow. I have
only two workspaces set up, and I never use the other one but, sure
enough, when everything disappeared this evening I tried Ctrl-Alt-arrow
and, sure enough, everything was back.

The mouse is a wireless USB mouse, Dynex brand, from Best Buy. On the
back it says "Made in China."