[PLUG] Can't install Scribus 1.4.3 on Xubuntu 13.10

Zack Olson zackxon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 22:35:16 UTC 2013

Hi John,
  I was playing around with these Scribus installs that you're mentioning
on Xubuntu 13.10. I see that you got 1.4.3 installed, but for both 1.4.3
and 1.5 these are the steps I took:

## 1.4.3 ##
sudo apt-get install scribus-ng
--- this gave me 1.4.3. The splash screen declares 1.4.2, but both the
window title and Help > About Scribus verify that I do in fact have 1.4.3.

## 1.5 ##
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:scribus/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install scribus-trunk

This now shows 2 Scribus entries in the main menu: Scribus and Scribus
(Trunk) -- which is 1.5.  :)

-Zack