[PLUG] Clonezilla 'n stuff

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Dec 18 01:04:05 UTC 2013

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:31:48 -0800
Paul Mullen <pm at nellump.net> dijo:

Well, that didn't go well.

I had successfully cloned SDA1 and SDA2 to SDB1 and SDB2 with
Clonezilla at the Clinic. Then I tried to fix grub on SDB1, as
documented previously in this thread. And just now I was ready to change
the UUIDs on SDB1 and SDB2, fix grub, and fix fstab. But before doing
so it occurred to me that I have been doing a few things to the computer
since the Clinic, so maybe I ought to re-clone SDA1 and SDA2 to SDB1
and SDB2. So I booted to Clonezilla, and it won't clone the drives any
more. All I get is an error message "failed to clone SDA1 to SDB1."

I booted to the regular Xubuntu on SDA1 and, using Gparted, I deleted
SDB1 and then recreated it. Then I rebooted to Clonezilla and tried
again, but it still won't clone SDA1 to SDB1.

The above error message is all I have to go on. The only thing I can
think of is that using the Grub commands on SDB1 previously changed
something that persists even after deleting and recreating the
partition.

Does anyone know anything about Clonezilla? Or have any suggestions?