[PLUG] Stupid NFS question - Progress!

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Dec 24 03:10:01 UTC 2013

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 18:29:49 -0800
Bruce Kilpatrick <kd7vvk at gmail.com> dijo:

>On my Kubuntu 12.04 machine anything USB gets mounted under /media/.
>Not /media/<username>. Does that mean anything to anyone?

It used to be that way on all the *buntus that I have used. But with
13.10 it now automatically mounts USB drives under /media/<username>.
On my 12.04 desktop USB drives are still mounted at /media. I
deliberately created a /media/jjj folder there, just so it would be the
same as the 13.10 laptop.

Mounting things at /media/<username> may be another one of those things
that sounded like a good idea at the time.