[PLUG] Mount point of optical drive

wes plug at the-wes.com
Thu Dec 26 20:38:27 UTC 2013

The problem is that it isn't "mounted" in the traditional way we think of
it. This is what GVFS is all about, it's a "virtual file system" which
allows X-windows applications to access devices without mounting them. This
is why "mount" doesn't show it - it wasn't mounted by mount.

You can probably do what you're looking for by mounting it yourself. mount
/dev/cdrom /mnt should be a beginning - if you get an error, it should at
least be a hint.

-wes