[PLUG] Hung X

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sun Feb 17 00:13:03 UTC 2013

On 02/16/2013 02:47 PM, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
> The current question is how do I tell the machine to stop looking for
> the nVidia driver?
>
> Would it help to remove the Radeon card and just use the VGA port on the
> mother board?

I removed the Radeon card and rebooted. I was warned that I would be
working in lo-graphics mode and asked if I wanted to run that way for a
single session. I say OK.

The machine booted normally and, using Synaptic, I removed all the
nVidia packages.

I rebooted the machine but was warned that I would be working in
lo-graphics mode because of something related to nVidia. I went ahead.
Back in Synaptic I see that there are no nVidia packages installed.

Next I'll try putting the nVidia card back in the machine and see if

Regards,

Dick Steffens