[PLUG] PyGl programming tutorial recommendations?

Dale Snell ddsnell at frontier.com
Mon Feb 18 22:04:57 UTC 2013

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:46:34 -0800
"Richard C. Steffens" <rsteff at comcast.net> wrote:

> Well, after last week it looks like I'll be sticking with Ubuntu
> 10.04 until I can figure out how to find/make a couple of tools to do
> what I need in 12.04. I have the source for  the programs that I use,
> Transcribe and footpedal. What I'd like to do is to merge them into
> one program that is supported by tools in 12.04. It looks like
> Transcribe was made to work in 12.04 last year, but there hasn't been
> any activity on its Launchpad site for some months. There hasn't been
> any activity on the footpedal site, either. Footpedal seems to load,
> but it depends on putting an icon in a panel in Gnome that doesn't
> seem to be there in Gnome Classic.

Rich,

On top of everything else, it occurs to me that Ubuntu 12.x may
default to use Python 3, instead of Python 2.  The change in the
Python language has broken some older Python programs, to much
grumbling from the audience.  Ubuntu (and most other distros) are
supplying both versions of Python while things get sorted.
Perhaps you could try running your programs under Python 2.

Just a thought, and it may not come to anything, but I thought I'd
throw it out.

--Dale

--
Q:  How many IBM CPUs does it take to execute a job?
A:  Four; three to hold it down, and one to rip its head off.