[PLUG] Chrome vs. Chromium: Which is the Web Browser and Which the OS?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 1 17:25:05 UTC 2013

   My friend wants me to install the Google Web browser on her laptop so she
can watch Flash-formatted videos. What I read on Wikipedia and other sites
leaves me confused over which is the Web browser that can be installed on a
linux system and which is the Google OS. Or, is the Web browser a layer on
linux that acts like an OS using only Google-proprietary applications like
Flashplayer?

   I find the source for chromium on the SlackBuilds.org site (184M worth)
but am having issues building it as the build script says the 212M file is
not complete. Sigh.

Happy New Year all,