[PLUG] Chrome vs. Chromium: Which is the Web Browser and Which the OS?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 1 18:43:12 UTC 2013

On Tue, 1 Jan 2013, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   What am I still missing here? It should not be this difficult to get this
> working for her.

   Could this issue with flashplayer be related to the loss of sound
capabilities when I upgraded from Slackware-13.37 to -14.0? When I try to
turn sound volume up with the panel icon (alsamixer works) a message box
pops up telling me that GStreamer cannot find any sound device. Yet,
/proc/asound/ shows the devices (they're all Intel and should be as well
supported in 14.0 as they were in prior distribution versions.

   Any and all help in resolving these two issues will be much appreciated.