[PLUG] Sound Issue

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Jan 3 00:23:23 UTC 2013

On 01/02/2013 04:11 PM, Bill Barry wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Richard C. Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net>wrote:
>
>> My new Asus DVD burner arrived. After I installed it I found that there
>> must be an internal speaker in the Gateway box I got from Free Geek a
>> number of weeks ago. For some reason sound no longer plays through the
>> external speakers. All I can think of is that I must have bumped some
>> cable while connecting power and data cables to the new SATA drive. I'm
>> shortly going to open the box and have a look, but if anyone knows of
>> some other probable cause, I'd love to hear about it.
>>
>> --
>>
> You rebooted and the sound defaults to muted when you boot up?

No. I thought of that -- because that one's bitten me before -- and I
checked. The sound is not muted.

I can hear sound coming from somewhere in the tower, which is rather
weird because I don't see a speaker anywhere. I have the tower standing
on a plywood riser under the desk. The speakers are sitting on top of
the desk. The sound is definitely coming from the tower. Adjusting the
volume control on the speakers only generates a bit of static from the
speakers.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens