[PLUG] Web design software?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Jan 3 21:56:36 UTC 2013

On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 08:29:47 -0800
Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> dijo:

>Your overall concept sounds a lot like a messageboard (think
>Craigslist), and I think your credit system could be built as an addon
>to one of the standard messageboards.
>
>Here's a discussion of something similar:
>https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2095939

That looks like what I want. The only problem is that I don't have time
to learn phpbb, nor do I want to pay what a real web designer would
expect for doing it.

>Meantime, as a trial, you could set up a messageboard somewhere on a
>free service (or borrow a piece of someone's DreamHost account*) and
>keep track of credits by hand.  That would let you test the concept
>before you commit to spending $200-$1,000 on a custom addon.

Mr. Google came up with this:

http://www.alt-market.com/forum/barter-zone/1690-cyclos-open-source-barter-software

I poked around in the demo a bit. It looks like I might be able to get
it to do what I want.