[PLUG] Ethernet credit card readers

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 00:05:39 UTC 2013

On 01/04/2013 02:33 PM, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> We may be adding a credit card reader for my wife's office.
> We will only need to do a couple of transactions a day,
> but during a hectic workday so speed and ease of use are
> still important.  Verifone has some ethernet based gear,
> OS independent, and we can put that on the LAN inside the
> firewall, or on the DMZ LAN.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Keith

If you only do a few transactions how about just using smart
phone/tablet? We use: https://squareup.com/

Reader is free, iOS or Android, low fees, easy to use, take transactions
anytime, anywhere.  Signature, and email receipts, download transactions
to various software.  Highly recommended.

There is also:
http://payments.intuit.com/merchant-services/mobile-credit-card-processing-234NS-3439G6.html

although I have not personally used that on.

What I like about these "out of the box thinking" services, is the fact
that the fees are low, there is no expensive hardware or software
required, and they are easy to use.