[PLUG] Chrome vs. Chromium: Which is the Web Browser and Which the OS?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 5 19:59:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, 1 Jan 2013, Mike C. wrote:

> To get conclusive information on whether or not the FF browser has the
> flash plugin installed you type the command [about:plugins] in the FF URL
> bar.

   Thanks, Mike! I keep forgetting about the about: command.

   Turns out there are plugins for M$ media, mplayer, quicktime, google vlc,
and realplayer, but no flashplayer. Sigh.

> Here's a couple of good links I found for doing that. They all have
> pointers to the slackbuilds and such.
>
> http://www.basicconfig.com/install_adobe_flash_player_slackware_linux
> http://slackerboyabhi.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/installation-of-flash-player-for-slackware-13-37/
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/ive-screwed-up-installing-flash-player-4175433956/

   I should have thought of a Web search. On my other hosts flashplayer
installation has not been an issue, but they're not yet running -14.0.

> I wish I knew more about Slackware. Maybe in 2013 I'll make a concerted
> effort to run it and learn it.

   Go for it!