[PLUG] Best Selling Laptop on Amazon runs ... Linux

Michael M. Moore moore.michael.m at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 13:12:32 UTC 2013

I bought one of those, from Amazon.  It doesn't feel much like any Linux
distro I've ever used, but I guess that's one of the advantages of a
Linux/BSD ecosystem -- it can be tailored to lots of purposes.  The
Chromebook delivers exactly what it promises out of the box and comes with
100 GB of Gdrive cloud storage, free for 2 years (oh, and 12 free GoGo
in-flight Internet passes).  All in all, it seemed like a better option for
me than a tablet or those netbooks that are still around, but I think the
promising news is that there are seemingly an increasing number of less
spendy options that are gaining a foothold.

Michael M. Moore <moore.michael.m at gmail.com>
cell (503) 707-1239
Sign up for Sisters Of The Road
E-news<http://sistersoftheroad.org/news-press/sisters-e-news/>