[PLUG] 12 Tech conferences for 2012

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Thu Jan 10 00:13:12 UTC 2013

On 1/5/13 11:53 AM, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> I wonder if Mike Rogoway might make an interesting speaker for PLUG General.

Do you or anyone else know him well enough to ask?

I reached out to over a dozen people yesterday who have demonstrated
interest in presenting and have quite a few responses.

For those who were not at the December General meeting, we had a
post-presentation discussion about the coming year. One point that
people made is that public policy talks along the lines of the Open
Source at the Oregon Department of Revenue and Open Source in K-12
Education ones. No other groups appear to be covering these high-level
topics on a consistent basis and... have no fear, there is no way they
can dominate the schedule given the completely-random availability of
speakers.

Please do think about what talks YOU might want to give because I know
everyone has awesome topic that is obvious to them and completely new
and fascinating to the rest of us. Also, please reach out to anyone you
think may be willing to talk. You'll be surprised by what pet projects
smart people have that they have never mentioned.

Thanks!

Michael