[PLUG] Conference posters (almost solved)

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Sat Jan 12 07:15:13 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 12:32:11PM -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Presenting at a poster session next month, probably two posters
> 36 inch wide 48 inch tall, almost all graphics (Text goes in
> handout preprints).  I assume the correct tool is scribus and
> transfer format is PDF.  I will use vector graphics where I can,
> but some of the pictures will be massaged bitmaps.
>
> Suggested printshops better than Kinko's?  What DPI should I assume?

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will probably go with Cedar House
Printing in Beaverton ( 48x36, $36, two 20 inch wide strips).

Bear Printing does 13x19 max.  See http://wiki.keithl.com/Posters
for results from Costco and Kinkos, and others if I hear about them.

Everybody I contacted is a CMYK pixel shop.

I will ask Cedar House for a color test pattern printout, and a
file that I can print on my 600dpi HP2605 color laser, so I can
match colors and do first proofing here.

I'll let folks know how this turns out.

Keith