[PLUG] Changes At whatismyip.com

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 14 22:34:03 UTC 2013

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, Nathan Williams wrote:

> that's insanity. i can't imagine this makes managing their network any
> easier, i wonder why they'd have such a short lease cycle?

   To annoy customers and drive them from independent ISPs to their fiber?
Even one of the aracnet guys suffers the same problems. There is something
about the ISP's hardware at the Frontier CO that would need to be changed at
large expense to allow us peons to run static IP addresses.

   And now I need to route outgoing mail through aracnet's mail server rather
than having it go directly from postfix here.