[PLUG] upgrade from 11.04 to 12.04

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Jan 16 04:15:23 UTC 2013

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:37:54 -0800
Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> dijo:

>Thanks to both of you.  I will likely take what appears at this point
>to be the easier route (upgrade), hoping that it will not prove more
>difficult in the long run.

One good point in favor of upgrading is that, if it goes horribly wrong
and you have a system too messed up to fix, you can just turn around
and do a fresh install. In other words, you might as well try an
upgrade, because there is nothing lost in doing so.

But one caution: Be very sure that nothing happens to your net
connection during the upgrade. Ubuntu downloads the new packages and
installs them as it does so. If you lose the net connection in the
middle you will have a partially upgraded operating system.