[PLUG] Open source dwg to dxf converter?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jan 17 23:01:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013, Tim Wescott wrote:

> Does anyone know of any open-source dwg (native AutoCAD format) to dxf
> (openly-specified drawing format) converters?
>
> I can't seem to find any, which is sensible.  But frustrating.

Tim,

   I wrote one about 20 years ago for whatever version of ACAD was then
current because I needed to put those drawings in a GIS. AutoDesk used to
change their proprietary format with each version so no one else could read
the data.

   Can your data source export them for you?

   Regardless, entering the search string 'dwg to dxf linux' in DuckDuckGo
produced many hits starting with these:

DWG/DXF Converter for Mac OS X and Linux So you can very simply convert a
DWG 2010 file to a DWG 12 file or to a DXF 2000 file. Download DWG/DXF
Converter for Mac OS X or for Linux and try it. Do you know : RealCADD our
2D CAD software, who can read and write DWG files with x-ref.
adx-online.com/prog/DWG_DXF Converter.html More results

How to Easily Convert DWG to DXF Without Autocad | Full Version and Free...
Incoming: dwg2dxf ubuntu,dwg to dxf ubuntu,pasar dwg a dxf en ubuntu,convert
dwg to dxf linux,autocad dwg2dxf converter linux,ubuntu convertire dwg
dxf,ubuntu converting dwg to dxf,linux convert dwg dxf,dwg to dxf converter
in ubuntu,dwg dxf in debian
gamblis.com/2010/02/06/how-to-easily-convert-dwg-to...  More results

DWG to DXF Converter is a dwg file converter, it allows you to batch convert
dwg files to dxf, and dxf files to dwg without using AutoCAD. Please click
the following links to download the DWG to DXF Converter.
anydwg.com/dwg-dxf/ More results

DWG to DXF Converter, DWG Version Converter
Active DWG DXF Converter lets you batch convert DWG Files into DXF files and
vice versa without AutoCAD. DWG2DXF command line allows to you convert dwg
to dxf or dxf to dwg in silent without interface.
autodwg.com/dwg_dxf_converter/   More results