[PLUG] Older laptop, booting from DVD, then loading from USB flash drive- upgrading Mint

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Jan 19 18:35:12 UTC 2013

On 01/19/2013 08:41 AM, Matt McKenzie wrote:

> OK so at least I am getting through to the list, thanks ;)

It's been my experience that when I don't get a response it's because of
one of two things. In spite of the depth and breadth of experience found
on this list, once in awhile I throw out something screwy that no one
else has see before, especially if it's about some rather unusual thing
I'm trying to do.

At other times it just takes a few days before someone responds.

So, hang in there and keep up your own searching.

There's also the clinic, tomorrow. More effort may be expended if you're
there in person.

BTW, I have no idea how to do what you're trying to do, but it seems
like there should be some way to do it since it's common to boot from a
CD and then get most of the rest of the install via the Internet.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens