[PLUG] sorting by filename, when there's stuff before and after

MJang mike at linuxexam.com
Tue Jan 22 20:09:47 UTC 2013

Folks,

I appreciate all of the help! None of the solutions were "perfect" as I
discovered (and did not think to provide) some probverbial "corner cases". For
my purposes, Scott's egrep -o solution worked best for me, as it made it easier
to see those corner cases, such as java servlet expressions, e.g.

import.javax.servlet.jsp.yadayada

The egrep -o solution led to

import.javax.servlet.jsp

which I immediately know isn't a file name

in contrast, the sed solution led to

servlet.jsp

which made me look for some servlet.jsp file that doesn't exist.

Thanks,
Mike