[PLUG] Virtualbox, Android

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Thu Jan 24 01:03:34 UTC 2013

It seems that an Android virtual machine can run inside Virtualbox.
Which suggests that Android apps can run in a virtual machine on a
laptop, and that I don't have to buy an Android tablet or phone to
use some apps and services without native Linux implementations.
An example is gotomeeting.com

Maybe.

Is anyone here running virtualized Android?  What opportunities
and limitations have you encountered?  I'd guess the main problem
is lack of a touchscreen; perhaps you can fake one finger with
the mouse, but not two.  I also imagine DRM gets in the way.

Keith