[PLUG] How to copy files from one machine to another without having them owned by nobody

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Jan 28 20:00:33 UTC 2013

On 01/28/2013 10:36 AM, Smith, Cathy wrote:
> Can you send the syntax you are using?

I'm copying using two nautilus windows. I open the local folder with
"Places > Home Folder" and then navigate to the desired source folder.
Then I open the destination folder with "Places > Network" and then
navigate first to the remote machine, and then to the desired
destination folder on that machine.

It's not difficult to correct the ownership on the destination machine
using chown, but I'd like to find a way to eliminate that step.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens