[PLUG] Ubuntu 12.04 -- uninstall something installed from a .deb

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Jul 3 21:00:24 UTC 2013

This morning Google Earth decided to give me an error message. Googling,
I found that other experienced the same thing with GE 6 on Ubuntu 12.04.
Their solution was to upgrade to GE 7. I did that and found that the
problem went away. But upgrade is really the wrong term here. I have
both 6 and 7 installed. How do I uninstall 6? If I right-click on the
.deb file it offers to "Open with Ubuntu Software Center." But I'm only
given the option to reinstall. The file menu of Ubuntu Software Center
has the option Remove grayed out.

Thanks.

--
Regards,