[PLUG] No movies for me tonight

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Jul 9 05:13:29 UTC 2013

I use a 32GB Patriot USB3 drive (formatted FAT32) to transfer files from
my laptop (Fedora 16, x86_64) to my desktop (Mint-Xfce, recent new
install). I have never had a problem until tonight. I unmounted the
Patriot from the laptop, removed it, and inserted it into the desktop.
The desktop sees it (label "Patriot"), but refused to mount it because
I do not have permission. I never needed permission before, but
apparently suddenly now I do.

I cannot mount it manually using sudo from the command line because I
do not know what its device name is. How can I figure out what its
device name is?

More importantly, why would my desktop suddenly demand permission to
mount this device?