[PLUG] No movies for me tonight

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Jul 9 06:07:00 UTC 2013

On Mon, 8 Jul 2013 22:36:28 -0700
Dale Snell <ddsnell at frontier.com> dijo:

>The lsblk(8) command should tell you what the device name is.  I
>_think_ Palimpsest will, too, if you want a GUI command.  (It's
>been a long time since I used it.)

Brilliant! Turns out it was SDE1. Now happily mounted.

>> More importantly, why would my desktop suddenly demand permission to
>> mount this device?
>
>I don't know.  Has anything been changed recently?  Software
>upgrades can be problematic at times.

There have been no upgrades for a long time. However, I have been
having issues with Xfce on my laptop. There is a panel widget "Places"
that I have come to rely on. On my laptop (where mounting the Patriot
drive is not a problem) the Places widget insisted on opening locations
with Nautilus instead of the Xfce default, Thunar. In desperation I
recently uninstalled Nautilus, which caused Places to open locations
with Konqueror (KDE is also installed on this computer, although I
never log in to it). The problem may be related to these actions, but
why that should affect the desktop computer is beyond me.