[PLUG] Javascript on Client Side

Tim tim-pdxlug at sentinelchicken.org
Sat Jul 13 00:59:56 UTC 2013

Actually, no, JavaScript has been predominantly a client-side language
since it's inception.  It was Netscape who invented it, afterall, and
it's purpose has been to make web pages dynamic.

Note that Java and JavaScript are two completely different languages.

Use of JavaScript on the server has never been hugely popular, though
it has always been there, waxing and waning depending on what
frameworks support it.  Lately it has been waxing.

tim