[PLUG] Post to FTP server from soft real-time C program

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Jul 18 00:07:55 UTC 2013

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Barry <bill at billbarry.org> writes:

Wayne> A customer wants some data out of one of my optimization /
Wayne> control systems. They would like me to post it to a FTP server
Wayne> that will be added to the LAN.

Wayne> My machine is Linux X86 running on PC hardware. It is a soft
Wayne> real-time application in a distributed processing system (6
Wayne> ea. 6 core machines).  The tasks are distributed and results
Wayne> collected from all the helper cores over the LAN. 3D imaging
Wayne> data and digital I/O also goes through the LAN, so the LAN
Wayne> isn't idle. It would be best if I could come up with something
Wayne> that would not hog bandwidth, but it absolutely can not block
Wayne> in my C program. I am currently making use of a couple threads
Wayne> in my C program, so another thread is a possibility. How would
Wayne> you send a few small files / minute via FTP?

Wayne> Thanks in advance for your suggestions, Wayne

Bill> libcurl http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/features.html claims to be
Bill> thread safe.

scp might be better, if they can accomodate that.

Also, nice the crap out of it.

nice -n 19 $commandline

--
Russell Senior, President