[PLUG] Perl autodie

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Mon Jul 22 18:11:45 UTC 2013

I'm trying to install libautodie-perl on an ubuntu 12.04 LTS system. Any clues as to why I'm getting this result:

libautodie-perl : Depends: perl but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libsub-identify-perl (>= 0.04) but it is not going to be installed
                  Recommends: libipc-system-simple-perl but it is not going to be installed

# perl --version

This is perl 5, version 14, subversion 2 (v5.14.2) built for x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

# apt-get install libsub-identify-perl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libsub-identify-perl is already the newest version.
libsub-identify-perl set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

The output of attempting to install autodie says it needs perl and identify-perl, but both are installed as shown by the subsequent commands...

Cluestick anyone?

Russell Johnson
russ at dimstar.net